Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blogger Goes Bonkers Getting to Kathy's Coffee!

                                Blogger's Coffee Adventure!
My morning started briskly: I was up and about early on this Tuesday morning, as usual, but I didn't need to be to the coffee at Kathy Schell's till 9:30. No Stress, RIGHT? I made the bed, fed the dog, took my meds, checked my email. Took my shower as usual and I was all dressed and ready to go by 8:30 AM. Then I decided to wear this wonderful drapey thing that goes over your blouse or shirt. It hangs down to my knees on both sides and looks amazing. Okay, mirror check, (looking good), then I decide maybe I need some Static Guard, just so my blouse doesn't stick to my skin or pants or the drapey thing. Go to the laundry room; spray on the static guard .....Then I notice that one of my socks is down around my ankle, gotta change my socks! Head to the bedroom change my socks, then I notice I'm cold, I need a jacket. None of the  jackets I try on (maybe 5), go well with this drapey thing that is hanging down around my knees looking wonderful, so I head to my coat closet. Going through my coat closet is like going through a Dumpster the hour before it gets emptied by the big truck. But eventually, I find something that almost covers the drapey thing, that is now, irritatingly, hanging down around my knees. By the way, now it is 6 minutes after 9 and I am starting to feel a little rushed. I hate being late! So I jump in the car with Kathy's instructions feeling quite confident with my GPS system and Kathy's phone number as a back up. I know right where Pima and Legacy connect so I head off to find Pima. I get to the Pima, Legacy Crossroads and continue to drive looking everywhere for Tom's Thumb!! Where the heck is it? I whip out my trusty GPS and plug in the address: "no matching address found", "WHAT"? I do it again; same thing........Oh well, I'll just call Kathy. Whip my phone out; punch in the phone number and a gentleman answers. Hi, I say, is this Kathy's husband? ..........NO!...........Is this Kathy Schells house? .........NO!..........Do you know how to get to Tom's Thumb Road?..............NO!............Well, thank you, ..."you're welcome"...I hang up, WHAT NOW? Yikes, I'm starting to feel desperate, it is 9:35, I'm late, I have a brain storm, I'll call Cathy Wilson, whip my phone back out, punch in her number, the phone just rings.......and rings...........and rings........I leave a message... Then I notice two guys in SUV's with their back hatch's open, I pull in next to them and ask them if they know where Tom's Thumb Road is?, They look at each other and agree it is in the area but they don't know exactly where. They are so gracious, they are trying to help me and decide to have a dual to see who can find the address first, one is on his cell phone he tries to find it with an APP, the other has an old fashioned map........The latter is the winner. And so am I! He shows me how to go to get there and I am so grateful ..... I finally make it to Kathy's house about 15 minutes late. Whew, it was a rough beginning but it was well worth it.



Kathy's amazing house
with an amazing front door
greeted me and everything
was decorated for Christmas.

As I entered Kathy's
home the ladies were in
the kitchen just chatting and enjoying the ambiance that Kathy had created just
 for them. The food was wonderful, including
the lemon curd, scones
and other treats.


Eventually we all ended up around the big dining table
and we had loads of fun
and laughter. I have to say it was a rough start but a wonderful, grand ending.




My drapey thing got some comments and compliments, which made my hunt for the coat well worth it. I left Kathy's feeling closer to the ladies in the class which to me is the benefit and bonus of doing what I had to do to get to her house....

  

Thank you Kathy for such an amazing time. I need these connections to keep me grounded. Thank all of you ladies who made the trek to Kathy's, no matter how your morning went, you were there.




It reminds me of how good it is to celebrate the Christmas Season. Honoring Jesus and His undying love for us.  I want to remember to love the unlovable and to share my gifts
with the less fortunate.

May this Christmas fill
your home with Joy,
your heart with love and
your life with laughter.
   
    Meribeth


No comments:

Post a Comment